What We Believe
Rome Community Bible Church - Condensed Statement of Faith
1. THE BIBLE, in its entirety, is the complete and accurate, supernaturally inspired revelation from God, written by Spirit-directed men as our final authority for faith and practice and must be interpreted according to literal, grammatical, and historical rules of interpretation.
2. THE GODHEAD exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, co-equal in divine attributes, power and glory, yet eternally existing as distinct persons with different functions. Jesus Christ was sent from the father, was incarnated as fully human while remaining fully God, virgin born, sinless, fulfilling the eternal plan of redemption through his vicarious sacrificial death for mankind’s sins. The Holy Spirit regenerates and empowers believers, uniting them to one another, convicting, purifying, and equipping them for a life set apart (sanctified) for Kingdom service.
3. MAN, who was created by God in his image to glorify Him, inherited a sin nature through the rebellion of the first man, Adam, so condemning all mankind to eternal separation from God, desperately in need of a Savior.
4. SALVATION is only possible by faith in Christ’s shed blood, willingly given for our justification, freely granting sinners eternal life, unearned by any good works, eternally secured by his power.
5. THE CHURCH, consisting of all believers in Jesus Christ from its beginning at Pentecost, is manifest in local, autonomous congregations throughout the world, evangelizing, congregating, baptizing, and edifying believers through Communion, worship, fellowship, instruction and prayer, under the guidance of biblically qualified leadership, toward maturity in Christ.
6. SATAN is God’s evil arch enemy, a real spirit being whose pride resulted in his expulsion from Heaven, and who carries on a present spiritual battle against Christ’s kingdom purposes and followers, whose eternal destiny, along with his demonic army of fallen angels, is the Lake of Fire.
7. THE FUTURE holds hope for the believer whose spirit, at death, departs to be with Christ in Heaven and whose body will be resurrected at the imminent return of Christ for the church, known as the rapture. Believers will avoid the tribulation, but face the Judgment Seat of Christ where they will experience either rewards or loss of rewards for their faithfulness. Unbelievers will face terrible tribulation on earth after the rapture and all will be resurrected to face God’s final judgment, eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire.
8. CHRISTIAN LIFE AND LOVE are to be a continual visible demonstration of Christ’s life lived out through us by his power in every arena of life.
9. MARRIAGE, DIVORCE, AND REMARRIAGE are addressed in scripture in which we honor God’s definition of marriage as between one man and one woman, whose genders were so defined at birth, in a life-time commitment of fidelity.
10. LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION, so every conceived child, regardless of the circumstances of the conception, should be protected and treated with worth and dignity.
11. SPIRITUAL GIFTS are God’s divine enablement, sovereignley given to every believer to carry out specific ministries for the edification of the church and evangelism of the world.
*The complete statement of faith of RCBC is found in its constitution.